- what disabled people consider accessibility: wheelchair ramps, elevators, stairs that aren't steep & contain breaks, braille, seeing eye dogs/assistant dogs, ergonomic workspaces, easy to grip tools, closed captions, resources in close proximity to each other, class note-takers, recording devices for lectures, medication, level ground, assisted learning, larger bathroom stalls with bars, quiet spaces (for sensory overload), lower workloads, being allowed time off work or school, just to name very very few
- what able-bodied people consider accessibility: "just put wheelchair ramps everywhere!!!"
fat foggy feminist bisexual seamstress artist librarian living in Astoria, Queens, NY
tw death stuff
So it really seems like my dad is dying. Hopefully I’ll get to talk to him directly today.
I need a lot of comfort today.
let flowers grow
where they lay. Samsara - © 2013 Maza-Dohta (via maza-dohta)
Sorry I changed my picture on here to my cat but I needed something funny in my life. It’s still me, I have not changed into a cat.
TW: cancer, death
Words cannot express how horrible the last couple of days have been. In the last 48 hours I’ve:
- learned that my dad has (probably late-stage) colon cancer
- my husband and mother had a huge argument where she verbally attacked us both
- my aunt harassed us via twitter (for some reason) calling us names and making it seem like we robbed her or something
TW mentions of alcoholism and abuse
My dad is sick and in the hospital—they think there might be something wrong with his liver. It’s been going on for a while so it could be serious. Unfortunately I won’t be going down to Florida because I’m estranged with my parents and they are pretty hostile towards me because I’m getting better. So I had Scott call them for info because there’s no other way I can get info on his condition and my mom went off on him about me. She told him she has done everything she could do and her “therapist” (IDK if she actually saw someone) agreed and said it was all my fault??
To her, all that has happened (including her alcoholism and her abuse towards me) was all someone else’s fault, not hers. And also she thinks that I was in no way neglected or abused and I owe her because she helped me with rent in the past.
a pack of “nice guys” should be called a fedoration
I have never reblogged something so fast before in my life.
I’ve been super sleep-deprived from two days of getting up at 4am to fly on planes this past week and sleeping on the most torturously uncomfortable bed for four days. But yesterday I set my hair and baked two pies anyway.